Safety Culture Alignment Consulting
Alignment with Corporate Values
Oil and Gas Drilling Contractor
An improvement plan was developed from this information and project teams established to work on the critical issues
A region of a major oil and gas drilling contractor was concerned that its personnel and therefore its operations were not aligned with the company’s values. It was recognised that a major organisational realignment was required. Several workshops involving all onshore personnel were run where the following fundamental questions were answered
- What do the organisation values mean, employee “speak” not management “speak”?
- What are the behaviours that you will see that will tell you that people are working in a way consistent with those values?
- What are the current behaviours and organisation performance that are consistent with the values?
- What are the current behaviours and organisation performance that is not consistent with the values?
- What are the three critical behaviours and organisation performance issues that need to be changed in the next six months that will contribute to having a values driven workplace?
Development of a Safety Leadership Culture
US based Oil and Gas Land Drilling Contractor
During this time the Total Recordable Injury Rate (TRIR) reduced from being amongst the worst to being the best for land rig operations in the USA
A contractor with over 100 land rigs suffered three fatalities in 2002. Consultants associated with Safety Culture Development, including Trevor Strother, were engaged to design a customised safety leadership initiative that was implemented throughout the entire company. Consultants who work with Safety Culture Development conducted approximately 150 three-day Safety Leadership workshops attended by over 4500 personnel over 5 years.
Reduction of Safety Incidents
Australasian Division of an Anchor Handling/Platform Supply Vessel Company
Over the five years this project was operational, there was a continual decrease in safety incidents.
The client was striving to improve an already good safety performance. Trevor worked with them to develop an on vessel coaching approach based on the Safety Culture Integrity System. The approach involved a safety culture consultant sailing on the vessels and providing safety behaviour and culture advice and coaching to the crew during the trip. Commencing in 2008 and continuing until the downturn in the oil and gas industry commenting 2014, the approach was implemented across their Australian fleet of 12 vessels.